Using Overdrive eBooks with Kindle
To borrow Overdrive library eBooks for your Amazon Kindle or Kindle App, you will need a computer with internet access, your library card number (and PIN) and an Amazon.com account.
- Go to the Oscar Grady Public Library Website, and click on the link to OverDrive (which is located on the right-hand side of page).
- Once on OverDrive, click on Sign in (located on the top right corner of page). Select Eastern Shores Library System and then enter your Library Card and PIN.
- Browse or search for an eBook in Kindle Book format that you want to download.
- Select Add to My Cart to add the Kindle Book to your cart to checkout. If the button says Place a Hold, that means it’s checked out to another patron and you will be placed on the waiting list. You will be notified via email when the book is available and have three days to download the title.
- Once you have finished selecting books, go into My Cart and click Proceed to Checkout.
- Select a lending period of 7 or 14 days and click Confirm Checkout.
- Click the gray Get for Kindle button. A new Amazon.com window will open.
- At the Amazon page, click the yellow Get library book button, which will then ask you to log into your Amazon account.
- Choose a device from the Deliver to drop down menu; Click Continue.
- Select Download. As long as your Kindle is Wi-fi capable, the next time the Kindle is turned on and is connected to a wireless network, the eBook will automatically download to your device.
- If you don’t have Wi-fi, you will have to download and transfer content from a computer to a Kindle device through a USB cable.
Need some more help? OverDrive Help is a great searchable website that offers information to get you started and solve problems specific to your device.